These delicious scones are perfect for a grab and go breakfast or after school snack. They are simple to make, delicious, and nutritious. The almond flour is loaded with protein, fiber and and omega three fatty acids. The blueberries add sweetness, and an antioxidant boost that will make you happy, and your kids satisfied. They are perfect to make on a Sunday and eat throughout the week. Pair your scone with ricotta, cream cheese or a fruit spread.
2 large eggs, beaten until frothy
1 cup almond flour
1/4 maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the blueberries and mix well to create a batter.
3. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
4. Use a tablespoon to drop 6 evenly spaced scones on the lined pan, or about 2 heaping tablespoons for each scone.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes until scones begin to lightly brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the parchment paper.
6. Serve warm.
Almond flour is a great alternative to regular wheat flour because it adds nutrition to any dish. It is made from ground, skinless, blanched almonds and can be used in any dish calling for flour. This flour is also gluten free. Almond flour is full of protein and fiber. It also contains vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium. Using almond flour is a great way to give your kids an extra nutrient boost without sacrificing the baked goods they love.