Peanut Butter Love
Makes 12 squares
Kids will love these peanut butter chip squares. They resemble a Blondie or a Nestles Toll House Cookie--crispy on the outside-- gooey and chocolaty on the inside. One bite is all it takes to become the sweetest mom on earth.
16 oz natural ( no sugar added) peanut butter/ almond butter/ cashew butter (room temperature)
1 cup pure maple syrup or honey
I teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of dark, semi sweet chocolate chips
butter, or oil such as coconut for greasing the pan
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2. In a bowl, mix peanut butter and maple syrup. Then mix in beaten eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda .
3. Mix until well blended and smooth.
4. Stir in half the chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into a well-greased Pyrex dish
6. Scatter the remaining chips on top
7. Bake for 35 minutes – checking after 25 minutes to make sure the edges do not get too brown. If top looks very brown, cover with foil and bake for the remaining 5-10 minutes
8. Cool and serve