Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quinoa Super Food Pudding

Ingredients:
3 cups soy, dairy, nut, or almond milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup of raisins, goji berries, or choice of fruit
1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut for topping

Directions:
1. Rinse quinoa. 
2. Mix milk, vanilla, raisins or goji berries maple syrup and salt in a saucepan and set on simmer. 
3. Add quinoa and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently (but not constantly).
4. Once thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool. 
5. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve warm, or refrigerate.

Quinoa in this application results in a cross between rice pudding and tapioca, with more protein than either.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn I love quinoa and I love tapioca pudding so I was excited to try this but it never thickened up. Any idea of what I could have done wrong? Does the type of quinoa matter? I used red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try adding adding a little bit of chia seeds or cut down on the milk... It usually absorbs and becomes pretty thick. But try these tweeks

    Dawn

    Ps
    let me know
    dawn

    ReplyDelete