“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Our children’s health is being greatly compromised by lifestyle, environment, diet, exercise and most of all our their snacking choices.
You'd be amazed at how many mothers I meet who are unaware of the damage they are doing to their children’s bodies when they feed them over processed, pasteurized, microwaveable and most of all pre packaged snacks, loaded with partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, antibiotics and unpronounceable food additives.
What our kids snack on makes a big impact on their overall health. While changing our children’s snacks may seem time consuming and inconvenient, with proper planning, and a couple of easy tricks, and recipes-- transitioning to a healthy life style can be fun and easy and most of all delicious.
Healthy snack ideas to keep your kids nourished between meals:
- Grilled cheese on whole grain bread with tomatoes and avocado
- Peanut butter and jelly with flax seeds on whole grain bread
- Pretzels, cheese cubes, and grapes.
- Crackers, cheese and grape tomatoes
- Make a trail mix: Raisins, apricots, sunflower seeds, goji berries and pretzels
- Rice cakes with hummus dip
- Pita triangles with hummus
- Carrot sticks, cucumber rounds with hummus
- Crackers, cheese and grapes
- Pita triangles with avocado dip
- Ants on a log
- Homemade oatmeal cookies
- Plain yogurt with honey and fruit
- Rice cake, cream cheese and fruit spread and flax seeds