Makes 2 Servings
My kids will tell you that French toast is not just for breakfast. This snack is loaded with protein and fiber and it’s great for any time of day. Add fruit and you’ve created a snack that’s loaded with antioxidants.
2 Pieces of Ezekiel 4:9 raisin bread
1 tbsp of milk (regular, soy, almond, hemp)
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp flax seed
Grade B maple syrup or fruit spread
1. Take chilled bread and cut into star shapes or shapes of your choice with cookie cutters
2. Dip the bread shapes into the mixture of eggs, milk, cinnamon, flax (mixed together)
3. Heat a skillet with either coconut oil or butter
4. Put dipped shapes into pan, brown for a couple minutes on each side and flip
5. Serve with either maple syrup or fruit spread
6. Feel free to garnish with bananas, strawberries or any other of your favorite toppings
Grade B Maple Syrup
When selecting syrup, steer clear of artificially flavored products and choose 100% pure organic maple syrup. The smell and taste of maple syrup combined are hugely effective in flavoring foods. The strong flavor of maple syrup means that only a few drops are needed to enhance taste. Use maple syrup as a sweetener and train your kids’ taste buds to appreciate a variety of flavors, rather than becoming reliant on overly sweetened products.