Monday, October 4, 2010
Fall Pumpkin Chip cookies
With temperatures dropping and Halloween approaching these healthy , easy delicious cookies are the perfect for an afternoon snack with a cup of hot tea or warmed almond milk.
3/4 cups pumpkin puree (about 1/2 of 1 15-oz can)
8 ounces dates, finely chopped
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup, grade B
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cups finely ground almonds
1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 t. sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the pumpkin puree, mejool dates, oil and maple syrup until creamy. Set aside.
3. In a medium-large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, ground almonds, coconut, cinnamon, flax seeds, sea salt and baking powder until well combined. Stir in the pumpkin mixture until combined. Fold in the dairy-fre chocolate chips.
4. Use a tablespoon to spoon dough into balls.
5. Bake on the top rack for about 13-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.