Saturday, October 9, 2010
Coconut Covered Almond Balls
Makes roughly 45 balls
If you want to do something different at your next school bake sale, these are an excellent choice. They are easy to make and are delicious and nutritious. With such an easy recipe, these almond coconut balls are great to whip up in mass quantities!
1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup almond butter/cashew peanut or sunflower butter)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
1/8 cup goji berries or cacao chips or a mixture
1. Place the oats in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
2. Stir the butter and honey in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
3. Add the ground oats and continue to stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Using 1 teaspoon of the mixture at a time , roll into balls.
5. Place the coconut goji and or cacoa in a separate bowl or plate and roll the balls in the mixture to completely cover.