My kids and all their friends love this creamy omega loaded chocolate pudding. It is free of dairy and refined sugars. Even your hard core picky eaters will love it, especially if they have a hand in making it. This delicious pudding makes a great snack, or party treat!
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoon agave, maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons almond milk, rice milk or water
1. Halve the avocado and remove the pit.
2. Cut a checkerboard pattern in the avocado and remove it from the skin.
3. Put the avocado, cocoa powder and honey into a blender or food processor.
4. Blend until creamy. You may need to blend it for a while to get it extra creamy and break up the small pieces.
5. Add milk, vanilla and salt and blend until desired sweetness and texture.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Avocado’s rich, creamy texture can add great flavor to a variety of dishes. It can also give a nutritional kick to any snack, even sweets like this delicious pudding. Avocado contains over 20 essential nutrients making it a super star food for kids! They are especially rich in vitamin E, B-vitamins, folic acid, omega three fatty acids and beta carotene. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb fat-soluble nutrients more efficiently.