Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chips and Guacamole Done Right!

I am always on the look out for new snack products that are delicious and nutritious. Last week, I received a package of assorted chips from Way Better Snacks that included sprouted chips. While I was excited because of their healthy ingredients, my kids were a little skeptical. After one bite, we were all hooked! The sweet potato and black bean flavor was our favorite.
The chips contain sprouted grains, seeds and beans, making a nutritious chip alternative. I love sprouted breads and tortillas, so why not a sprouted chip? I paired the chips with my homemade guacamole and within minutes I had a healthy snack full of omegas both from the chips and the guacamole!


Ingredients:
2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and the pulp thoroughly mashed
1 teaspoon coarsely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons orange or pineapple juice 
¼ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Salt to taste

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mash the avocado.
2. Stir in cilantro, juices, cumin and salt.
3. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving, placing one of the avocado pits into the bowl to help keep the guacamole from browning.

Nutritional Benefits of Sprouting
Sprouting is the natural way to increase the vitamin, mineral and lignin content of flax and stabilize the Omega3 and other essential fatty acids and help with digestion.

4 comments:

  1. this looks delicious. love the idea for sprouted chips. we have switched to sprouted grain breads lately. found you from mbc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found these chips in the store the other day, they are definitely a better option than regular tortilla chips! The guacamole looks great.... what better for an after school snack than chips and guacamole? My kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rеmarkable! Itѕ rеally aωеѕome paragraph,
    I haνe gоt much cleаr ideа on thе topіс of from this post.


    my blog AmericasCardRoom Offer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mаgnificent beat ! І ωiѕh to аpprentice аt the sаme time as you аmеnd уour websitе, how cοuld і subѕсribe fοr a
    blog webѕite? The account helped me
    a approρriate deal. I had been tiny bit aсquaіnted
    of this your broadcaѕt offered vibrant clear
    іdea

    Also visit my blog - Flasto.com

    ReplyDelete