Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What To Do On A Rainy Day?


It started pouring rain and I found myself very hungry with very little in the house. Luckily I had just purchased Purely Elizabeth Gluten Free Blueberry Maple Muffin Mix. As I started pulling out the ingredients, I realized I was missing a few. Since I only had a 1/4 of a cup of blueberries, in order to make the required cup of blueberries, I did a combination of blueberries, bananas and peaches. Instead of a 1/2 cup of olive oil I used a 1/2 cup coconut oil. Also, instead of a 1/2 applesauce, I used 2 eggs since I'm not vegan and this weekend I had made a trip to the farmer's market and stocked up on fresh eggs, peaches and blueberries.

They turned out delicious and just as we took them out of the oven the sun came out. I dont know if there is a moral to the story but good things happen when you make your own food. I've made Purely Elizabeth before, whether following the recipe exactly or swap in my own ingredients, it is an excellent base and you can never go wrong with her mixes. Also since they are free of sugar, wheat and gluten I use her mixes when in a hurry to make something for a school bake sale. The kids never know the difference and they are always a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment